Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Blues


The Blues

Caregivers all over the world:  Unite! Okay, whatever. Some days, the best you can do is try really hard to not think about how things could have been "if only." And this is one of those days. Bittersweet memories. Dreams dashed. A bleak outlook. The blues. So very close to despair.

Which reminds me of my favorite line from "Anne of Green Gables":  Says Anne (who has a flair for the dramatic), "I'm in the depths of despair. Don't you ever despair, Marilla?" Replies Marilla as she hurries up the stairs, "No, I do not. To despair is to turn your back on God."

Today, the pastor spoke about how God does not distance Himself from us; rather, our deception leads to performance that is never good enough, which leaves us trying to hide ourselves from God (good luck with that). We turn our backs on God; He never turns his backs on us. And so, I will not despair. I choose to hope. He has always been there for me, and He always will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment