Thursday, June 30, 2016

Hearing Voices

"What's the matter?" he asked anxiously as he looked up from the small jigsaw puzzle he was trying to solve. I was quietly standing at the stove preparing tostones (not my recipe, but close enough) to go with our chicken dinner. You have to watch those things so they don't overcook. I like them crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside. But I digress.

"Nothing," I replied, perplexed. I turned to look at him so as to gauge the situation. We have lots of situations these days.

"Why are you saying curses?" He was upset, and rightly so!

What?! My heart skipped a beat. I hadn't been talking or singing or otherwise uttering a single sound. Even the thoughts going through my head were those of happy anticipation and eagerness to sink my teeth into one of those tostones! Why would he think he heard me cursing?

All disease is evil. This one is especially so. It robs you of your memories, your thought processes, your skills and abilities. And apparently you also hear things in the spirit realm that are disconcerting, disorienting, and distressing.

You might not agree with my assessment (or the whole spirit realm thing), but is it okay if I admit to being just a tiny bit weirded out by this experience?

No comments:

Post a Comment