Saturday, December 16, 2017

I'm Sorry for You

Twice this week,
During stressful times,
Angst-filled times,
Frustrating times
Full of your agitation and anger,
You stopped mid-rage.

The lights came on.
You breathed in sharply.
Your eyes cleared in comprehension.
You looked at me with compassion.
Just briefly.
And you said,
"I'm sorry for you."

Thank you.
I love you.
I care for you.
You are my world.
Strange how this disease
Has brought us closer,
Yet distanced us.
I'm sorry for you, too.
My heart breaks for us.

5 comments:

  1. this is absolutely beautiful, the disease attacks and destroys everything but love .. bless your heart xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Dennice. That means a lot coming from you...you write so well!

      Delete
  2. It's uncanny when and what can bring on those extremely rare moments of lucidity, BUT they are a godsend and are to be appreciated, not questioned. It's almost cruel to have the instances where you are reminded that he's still in there, just think of them like a daydream about your life together and how much happiness he's brought to you over the years. It might help to get through the unintended heartbreaking times this evil thing brings out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful poem......just like his
    statement, it brings light into a dark day...

    ReplyDelete