Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy New Year!

Well, here we are. It's the start of a brand new year. Believe it or not, I am optimistic and hopeful today in the sure knowledge that no matter what, everything will be all right. Somehow. Because God is good, He loves us, and His Presence is with us in good times and in not-so-good times.

My dear husband seems to be waking later these days. This morning about 11, he wandered into the kitchen. He was wearing jeans, a flannel pajama top, and my "chef's apron" from Cafe du Monde in New Orleans. A bit eclectic, I know, but whatever. I choose my battles differently these days.

After a while, I suggested pleasantly that we both go to the bedroom and pick a different shirt. Smile. Off we went. I removed the apron without incident or complaint. I unbuttoned and removed the pajama top, replacing it with one of his favorite denim shirts. I noticed that the jeans were awfully tight, though. Was he wearing a pair of mine by mistake? Had he gained ten pounds yesterday? No. It turned out he was wearing two pairs of jeans. It was a bit of a battle, but I managed to remove the outer pair in spite of his vehement protests. He does not like to undress.

As I folded his pajama top, I realized that the bottoms were nowhere in sight. I looked in the closet, in the laundry hamper, under the blankets. Nothing. And that's when it occurred to me that he was still wearing them. Under the jeans. No amount of cajoling would convince him to let me remove his jeans to get to the pajamas, however. Ah, well. It's coldish today. I guess pajamas are just like long johns, in a way. Right?

Your continued support, prayers, and encouragement mean more and more to me each day. Thank you! May the new year bring you and yours health, happiness, and prosperity. Happy 2018!

No comments:

Post a Comment