Friday, April 26, 2019

Hospice Renewal

April 22, 2019

It's hard to believe, but it's been just a couple of days shy of six months since my husband was placed in hospice care. Time flies, whether or not you're having a good time.

I've been very pleased with the care and services my husband is receiving through hospice. For those of you who don't know, a hospice contract must be renewed every six months. Sometimes a person "graduates" from hospice back into regular care and then back into hospice again, over and over. That is a disquieting scenario, so even the possibility is nerve-making in the extreme.

Knowing the contract was about to expire, I was a little apprehensive over the past couple of weeks. Of course I shouldn't have been. It isn't as though my husband's condition is dramatically improving or expected to. And if an absolute creative miracle is going to happen, this would be a good time for it to do so.

When I came back home after our visit today, there was a message on the answering machine from the home health coordinator. She wanted to let me know right away that the request for renewal of hospice has been approved.

That's a relief. But it's also an indication.

No comments:

Post a Comment