Friday, April 19, 2019

It's a Good Friday

April 19, 2019

Today is Good Friday. Lord, I am grateful for your willingness to come be among us, showing us how to live. Especially since You knew this day would come. And it wouldn't be pretty, but it would make a way for us to be reconciled to the Father. Thank you! Hallelujah, what a Savior!

It's hard to explain how or why, but my husband and I had an excellent visit today. When I arrived, he was doing battle royale with the caregivers who were trying to usher him into the bathroom for a change of everything and a shower. Bless them! They are so patient and kind, and they do a great job. But I thought, "Oh, boy. This is gonna be wonderful..."

When he walked back out, he was all cleaned up, smelled good, and looked handsome with his hair combed and tamed. He was still confused and agitated, so I greeted him with a big smile and my very best "calm and soothing" voice. He responded with a big smile and -- I thought -- recognition. He was smiling at ME, not just at some woman saying hello. He took my hand, looked into my eyes, smiled again, and gave me a kiss. Wow! My heart was so filled with joy.

After several hours of relative wonderfulness, he decided to lie down on his bed. I pulled up his covers as he gazed at me. I took his hand and asked him if he wanted to pray. He nodded his head and folded his hands, and I said the Lord's Prayer. Then I asked if he wanted to pray for our children. Again, he nodded his head. I took his hand, and I prayed. I felt as though he was praying with me, though of course he didn't utter a syllable. It has been a very long time since we have had such a cognitive connection.

So, on this Easter weekend, I thought it would be good to share this miraculous day -- this Resurrection story -- with you. Our prayers don't have to be loud to be heard. The Lord knows our hearts, and He knows how much today meant to me in so many ways. What a gift!

Speaking of Resurrection, Sunday's coming! All around the globe, Christians will proclaim, "The Lord is Risen! He is Risen indeed!" Happy Easter to you all.


No comments:

Post a Comment